Whether it’s too hot for a cup of coffee or you just need some time to relax with a good book, indulge in an Iced Vanilla Coffee. The combination of vanilla and coffee is a match made in heaven.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Why You’ll Love Iced Vanilla Coffee
Whether you call this drink an iced vanilla coffee or iced vanilla latte, there’s no denying that iced coffee drinks are popular. Millions of dollars are spent on fancy coffee drinks each year.
- This iced vanilla coffee is just as good as one you get in a coffee shop.
- Minimal ingredients. There are only 3 ingredients that are readily available.
- It’s economical. Saves money making a gourmet coffee at home.
- There’s little waste.
- Keep reading to see how you can make this iced vanilla coffee recipe a variety of ways.
- It’s simple to make.
Ingredients for vanilla coffee
- Coffee – I used brewed coffee that I cooled. As an alternative, you could use cold brew.
- Vanilla Syrup – You can make your own but I use Torani vanilla syrup. It’s just the right amount of sweetness. I don’t add sugar. There is also a sugar free version available too.
- Half and Half – It’s rich and delicious.
Recipe Tips, Substitutions, and FAQs
For more vanilla taste, use a vanilla coffee rather than plain coffee. If you want a stronger drink, use less half and half.
If you don’t have vanilla syrup or vanilla coffee on hand, you can substitute vanilla creamer.
You can make a cold brew coffee to use in this recipe. If you choose to used brewed coffee, cool it completely. Pouring hot coffee over the ice will melt it quickly and dilute the drink.
If you enjoy a pot of coffee in the morning, once it’s cooled, pour it into a mason jar and refrigerate a few hour to overnight then make this drink.
Hot Tip: When you have leftover coffee, make ice cubes and use in this iced vanilla coffee. No diluted drink!
More tasty coffee drinks
For a gourmet hot coffee drink try pumpkin spice caramel mocha, it’s perfect when the temperatures drop.
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a 5-star review near the comment section below.
Iced Vanilla Coffee
- Vanilla Syrup
- 1 cup cooled brewed coffee
- ½ cup half and half
- 2-4 tablespoons vanilla syrup or to taste
- Fill 2 glasses with ice.
- Pour in ½ cup of the cooled coffee into each glass.
- Add ¼ cup of half and half into each glass.
- Starting with 2 tablespoons for each glass, stir in the vanilla syrup to combine. Taste and adjust