The sweet tartness of grapefruit juice combines with the citrus botanicals in gin for a fruity, zesty drink that’s perfect for relaxing at home or with friends. The next time you entertain, try a Grapefruit Gin Fizz.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
Why you’ll love this cocktail
If you have a well-stocked bar, this cocktail will be easy to make.
- There are just three ingredients – gin, grapefruit juice, and club soda.
- You can make individual cocktails or a pitcher for a larger group. Don’t add the club soda until you are ready to serve.
- It’s tart and refreshing at the same time.
- Add some fizz by topping off the drink with some tonic water or club soda.
- It’s kind of relaxing to juice the grapefruit by hand with a juicer.
- Try it for yourself to see how vibrant and refreshing this grapefruit gin fizz is.
All it takes to make this gin and grapefruit cocktail are, well, gin, grapefruit juice, and club soda. Use your favorite gin and fresh grapefruit juice. If fresh grapefruit juice isn’t available, you can use store-bought. Fresh juice makes the drink taste better.
The club soda adds effervescence to the drink which takes it to another level. You can certainly leave it out, but I encourage you to try it first.
How do you make a Grapefruit Gin Fizz Cocktail?
If you’re making 2 drinks, use a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add the gin and grapefruit juice and shake. Strain into rocks glasses that are filled with ice and top off with a splash of club soda.
If you want to make a pitcher for a crowd, double or triple the ingredients. Add the gin and grapefruit juice directly to a pitcher filled with ice. Serve in glasses filled with ice and top off with a splash of club soda.
Pro Tip: Freeze fresh grapefruit juice in ice cube trays and use it in the glasses. No cocktail dilution.
What is a fizz cocktail?
A “fizz” is a mixed drink variation on the older sours family of cocktails. Its defining features are an acidic juice and carbonated water such as club soda or tonic water. It typically includes gin or rum as the alcohol in the drink.
What can I serve with a gin fizz?
Light seafood dishes, citrus-based salads, or creamy desserts compliment the flavors in this grapefruit gin fizz. Try an appetizer of spicy Caribbean shrimp, arugula and quinoa salad or lobster roll street tacos for dinner.
More tasty cocktails with grapefruit juice
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a 5-star review near the comment section below.
Grapefruit Gin Fizz
- 4 ounces gin
- 4 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice g
- 2 ounces club soda, divided
- 2-4 wedges grapefruit for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice add the gin and grapefruit juice. Give it a few shakes.
- Strain the mixture into two rocks glasses that have been filled with ice. Add a splash of club soda to each glass.
- Place a small grapefruit wedge in each glass and place another one on the rim of the glass. Serve.