Take your margarita game to the next level with my Frozen Spicy Mango Margarita Recipe. This cocktail is for those who live on the edge and enjoy a little heat in their drink. It’s a fruity and fiery twist on the classic margarita.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please view my disclosure page for more information.
What ingredients do I need for a Frozen Spicy Mango Margarita Recipe?
If you have a well-stocked bar you should have all of the ingredients for the best frozen mango margarita ever!
- Silver Tequila – it’s the most common type of tequila used for margaritas. Save your añejo for sipping.
- Lime Juice – fresh is best but bottled will work in a pinch.
- Triple Sec – I prefer to use non-alcoholic but use what you have.
- Mango Chunks – Fresh is best but it’s OK to use frozen.
- Hot Honey – while you can buy it, hot honey is very easy to make at home. Hot honey cocktails are a hot trend right now.
- Ice – you want to use cubes, not crushed.
How do you cut and cube a mango?
The seed of a mango runs vertically through the fruit where the stem is. To seed a mango cut on either side of the stem, vertically, through the fruit. Discard the seed. I prefer to use a chef’s knife for this task.
There is no need to peel the mango for this spicy mango margarita recipe.
Once you have two halves of mango, use a pairing knife to cut a cross-hatch pattern into the flesh.
DO NOT HOLD THE MANGO IN YOUR HAND FOR THIS TASK!
Leave the mango on the cutting board and gently slice vertically making sure you don’t cut through the skin. Make 4 or 5 slices. Rotate the mango half 90 degrees and slice again making cubes. Once you have done this, gently turn the mango half almost inside out then, again using the pairing knife, slice the cubes from the flesh.
What can I substitute for Triple Sec?
Triple sec is an orange liqueur used in mixed drinks, most commonly found in margaritas. If you don’t have triple sec you can use Cointreau or Gran Marnier, which are also orange liqueurs. They can be pricey though.
What type of glass do I use for a frozen margarita?
You have a couple of choices when it comes to what type of glass to use when serving a margarita. A traditional margarita glass is always a good option. For a more updated way to serve a margarita, try a rocks glass, also known as an old-fashioned glass. For this spicy mango margarita recipe I prefer the rocks glass.
How do you make chili lime salt?
Chili lime salt is very easy to make. On a shallow plate pour 3 tablespoons of salt on it. Add a teaspoon, or to taste, of chili powder to the salt. Zest half of a lime with a zester and add about a tablespoon to the plate. Stir to mix.
If you have Tajin, a premade chili lime seasoning, feel free to use it instead of making your own.
What can I serve with a frozen mango margarita?
This frozen spicy mango margarita recipe pairs nicely with a number of appetizers. Cordon bleu appetizers are easy and compliment the mango nicely. If heat is your jam and you want more easy jalapeño poppers are for you.
More Tequila Cocktails to Enjoy
Did you make this recipe? If so, please leave a 5-star review near the comment section below.
Frozen Spicy Mango Margarita Recipe
- Rocks Glass
- ½ cup fresh mango chunks
- ⅓ cup silver tequila
- 4 teaspoons triple sec
- 1 tablespoon hot honey
- juice of one lime
- 1 cup Ice
- Lime wheels, chili lime salt for garnish
Chili Lime Salt
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime zest.
- On a shallow plate, mix all ingredients for the chili lime salt. Rub a lime wedge partially around the rim of the cocktail glass. Dip moistened part of the glass into the chili lime salt until coated. Alternatively
- In a blender with ice add the tequila, triple sec, mango chunks, lime juice, and hot honey. Blend to combine until the mixture is thick. If you prefer a thinner frozen margarita, add a bit of water a little at a time.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and serve.